By Josephine Hardy|
September 8, 2016|
Influencer Marketing Tips,
10 Influencer Marketing Statistics That All Marketers Should Know
Influencer marketing is so successful that it’s now rare to find a marketer who has not activated an influencer campaign. In fact studies show that influencer marketing is now taking precedence over traditional marketing strategies like print and video advertising. (See stat #1)
If marketers are aware of the benefits of influencers why should they keep up-to-date with influencer marketing statistics?
The stats below tell a story about the way influencer marketing is being shaped by consumers. What works, what doesn’t work and what could be part of the evolving future of advertising.
1. Google Trends Shows The Growth of Influencer Marketing Over Traditional Marketing StrategiesOver the past two years (2014-2016) Google Trends has shown the steady drop of print advertising. As we see in graph below, influencer marketing has steadily grown in popularity and looks to be closing the gap with video advertising.
Influencer marketing plays a big part in both print and video advertising so the strategies are not mutually exclusive, but the trend speaks volumes to the success of influencer marketing strategies.
2. “59% of micro-influencers think Instagram is the most effective social media platform to engage their target audience.” – Bloglovin’The success of Instagram for influencer marketing is growing with new features built into the app.
3. “51% of marketers believe they acquire better customers through influencer marketing.” – TomosonIt’s extremely important to focus on long-term ROI from your marketing strategies. Micro-influencer campaigns have proven to be more successful than engaging celebrity influencers.
4. “Influencer marketing was rated as the fastest-growing online customer-acquisition channel, beating organic search, paid search and email marketing.” – Tomoson
5. “Almost 60% of fashion and beauty brands have an influencer marketing strategy in place, while a further 21% plan to invest in it over the next 12 months.” – eConsultancyThe rise of Pinterest and Instagram have allowed consumers to get closer to the fashion industry with click-to-buy features. Influencer marketing is putting brands in front of a targeted audience with a trustworthy endorsement.
6. “84% of marketers said they would launch at least one influencer campaign within the next twelve months.” – eMarketerThe success of influencer marketing campaigns is being felt throughout the marketing world. If your brand is interested in learning more contact Acorn: The Influence Company.
7. “88% of customers trust online reviews by strangers as much as they would recommendations from friends.” – BrightLocal
8. “Nearly 40% of Twitter users say they’ve made a purchase as a direct result of a Tweet from an influencer.” – TwitterIn a recent study conducted by Twitter, it was revealed that influencers rival friends in building consumer trust, which is having a direct impact on sales.
9. “70% of teenage YouTube subscribers say they relate to YouTubers more than to traditional celebrities.” – Google
10.”47% of online consumers use ad blockers” – Digital News ReportThis number is expected to continue growing as consumers get more savvy about protecting themselves from ads. Their ineffectiveness on websites has been cemented by big companies (like Google) who have now removed side bar ads in favor of white space. Marketers are instead turning to influencers to generate authentic sponsored content.
Learn More About Influencer MarketingDo you want to know what an influencer marketing campaign for your brand would look like? Contact the Acorn team today to find out! Otherwise, keep up-to-date on the latest trends and news by subscribing to our weekly blog newsletter below!